The number 1 instant messaging application
Hardly any inventions end up making a big difference in our daily life. But one of them is definitely WhatsApp. Thanks to the instant messaging application par excellence, we're connected to our friends and family 24 hours a day from our smartphone and we've already forgotten about outdated SMS and MMS.
But the functions of this multiplatform application (there are versions for PC and the web, and we can even synchronize it with our tablet or iPad) go beyond exchanging messages, despite being its initial purpose. By downloading and installing its APK on our Android phone we can access an entire communications ecosystem that covers both messages and calls, as well as sharing audio files, videos and images.
A role model for Telegram and Google Allo.
And the most important thing is that it's really easy to use, as you only need a phone number to identify yourself, and very secure, as one of the latest updates to this service, now belonging to Facebook, has led to the implementation of end-to-end encryption for all our communications. And don't forget... it's totally free.
What can I do with WhatsApp Messenger for Android?
- Establish a profile picture and status that all your contacts will see.
- Send text and voice messages without any additional costs, even to users in other countries.
- Exchange files (whether photos, audio or video) with other users of the application.
- Possibility to make free calls very easily.
- Wide range of emojis that are constantly updated. You can find multi-racial emojis or even much-awaited emoticons such as lifting your middle finger or a Vulcanian salute from Star Trek.
- Creation and administration of groups with up to 256 participants, that can take part in group chats.
- Possibility to mention specific users within a group chat using @ in front of their name.
- Option to cite previous messages within the same chat simply selecting the message in question.
- Possibility to get to know the WhatsApp status of your contacts (provided that they haven’t decided to hide it).
- Check system for messages: Gray check means that the message has been sent, double gray check that the message has been delivered and double blue check that the message has been read.
- Works both on data plans and on WiFi.
- Multiplatform application that can be used on different kinds of smartphones, as well as on your PC or through the official web application that can be used on Chrome, Firefox and Edge, the new Windows 10 browser.
- Messages encrypted end-to-end to guarantee the privacy of our communications.
- Options to format text by means of easy-to-use codes: bold, italics and underlining.
- Send animated GIFs to liven up our conversations.
- Allows us to take high-quality photos from within the app using the selfie's camera's flash.
- Mute groups or mention members using @ followed by their name.
- Log into the web version pointing your camera at the QR code that appears on your PC screen.
Many other applications have tried to overthrow WhatsApp's lead in this field, but none of them have managed to quite get there: WeChat, Viber, LINE, Telegram, etc. Now it's Google itself who is trying to do so with Allo. Let's see how they get on.
New in the latest version
- Pin conversations to the upper part of the list to access them faster.
- The version of the application, as well as the size and version of the operating system, depend on the device on which it's installed.
WhatsApp Messenger 0.2.5093
The official version of WhatsApp for Windows
WhatsApp Messenger iPhone 2.17.31
The chat and instant messaging app par excellence